Healthy life and a healthy body always make a person wise and eternally beautiful in every corner. One can’t allow the body to do heavy or less heavy work to do when it doesn’t support mental and physical health. So it’s very important to try to maintain an active body with active organs. Otoplasty assists the techniques that deform the ears’ problems and can be curable via the surgical or non-surgical method.
What is Otoplasty?
A disorder which affirms the defects of the pinna, absent reform ear, traumatized ears. The surgeons reconstruct the problems by inventing an external ear with natural functions and an appearance on activities of a cartilaginous factor of the pinna. It will reduce a large piece of cartilage to reshape the ears and give a stunning face.
The invention of Otoplasty:-
Ancient India recovered it in the 5th century by physician Sushruta in Asia. They mainly developed these techniques by reconstructing organs like- lips, ears, genitalia with plastic surgical materials.
What is the plan of action for Otoplasty?
It is an ear surgery based on cosmetic materials. It can change the shape, position, or size of the ears. If one has a problem with ears for not having a good position, has a trauma on ears after experiencing a blast, getting a birth defect on ears can easily be solved with otoplasty.
Permanency of Otoplasty?
In the case of Permanency, the answer is Yes. The results are permanent. This process is done under local anaesthesia.
Painful activities of Otoplasty?
The affliction of Otoplasty starts to downfall after 48hours of surgery. Hairstyling and shampooing are avoidable after surgery.
Is it expensive or not?
Otoplasty’s overall price is extensively high as it assists with anesthesia, hospital charges, surgeons’ high demand, and well-maintained hygienic factors.
Is it ok to do?
It is worthy enough to do as it is a less dangerous surgery with high success cases, so in terms of result, it is preferable to do.
Precautions about sleep after Otoplasty:-
- One should not sleep on the side of the face.
- Don’t try to pressure the ear which is operated.
- Need to be conscious after the operation of ears.
- Try to settle the head in straight with 2-3 pillows for better sleep and comfortable rest.
- Use an elevated recliner.
The absolute age for Otoplasty?
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the age between 5-6 years is the best time for surgery as it suffers from a large amount of success. The cartilage part is manageable enough for surgery at this age.
Classification of doctors for Otoplasty:-
A plastic surgeon, throat surgeon, or a pediatric can operate the ears for Otoplasty. The children assist with a general anesthetic, whereas the local anesthetics are for adults.
Hearing Effect after Otoplasty:-
It will not affect the ears’ hearing system as it only follows to reshape the ears from misshape or enlarged ears.
Acceptable patients for Otoplasty:-
- Have to be physically healthy.
- Have to have large ears as Otoplasty refers to the reshaping of large ears.
- Cupped ear.
- Having a Lop ear is also manageable.
- Have to grab large stretched earlobes.
- Have to have large earlobes with large creases.
- Should be pragmatic about needs.
Non-acceptable for Otoplasty:-
- The one who has critical surgery before?
- The patient suffers from diabetes.
- The one who have severe heart problems
Different techniques to be applied for Otoplasty?
- Cartilage Cutting (Could print a pockmark but visibly darken)
- Cartilage Sparing (Result is effortless and in streamline flow)
Precautions to take before Otoplasty:-
Stop smoking before two weeks of surgery. Have to take herbal supplements for further good results. Eat healthy food as much as you can. Have to inform you about the illness if one feels before surgery.